Friday 2 September 2011

Title - ‘MATA’ Installation



Here is the view during the night time, the day before the exhibition started





The closer view of the installation





At first, I was not pretty happy due to the space for my work because as you know the projection usually need the darker space but some how, with a lot of experimenting especially to locate the piece is really challanging for me. As you can see the work above, the position of the work is sort of like an ‘L’- shape but it also a 90 degree shape of triangle (following with the corner space). However, I really statisfied with the work at the end especially the projection and the live view on the television. it turns out really well.

Basically the whole work is straight to the point. It is an idea how we look at things or our surrounding which ended into our memory especially when we experiencing of something and brought it up into our present time.

With this work, it gave me a lot of thinking even though this work is simple and straight forward, but it still have a weakness link especially the projection. The subject that I brought up as part of ‘what we see’ especially the london view. Sometime I am not really confident to use it as a projection subject but the good things is that, it turned out really amazing video installation at the live view on television. With the fluroscent green colour and also the blurr images appeared between the magnifying glass (image below) and the projection, it gives the result that I want. It was a successful video. Its clearly shows a memorial moment or experience moment in our life, but in my case its about how my eyes was bright out and wide open looking the new surrounding. It could be sort of like a culture shock, something that really rare to be seen in my life.



During the exhibition, I managed to meet a lot of peoples and receiving a lot of feedbacks. Most of the audience really likes the live Television, showing a closer view of an eye function, how this vision going to be look like in our own eyes. However during the exhibition, I found out an interesting interaction comes out between my installation with the viewer especially the children.

As you can see the image below, during the exhibition started, the kids were playing with my installation piece, playing with the Live television and the Live record through magnifying glass. They really like to see themselve through the Live Televison, especially seeing themselve distorted by the magnifying glass on the television. You can see the closer view at the second image below, where the little girl with the black shirt showing her mouth through the magnifying glass to see her funny image of her face (distorted) at the Television.

From that situation, I point out some interesting ideas that I need to approach on the next project such as making an interaction piece by playing games with the audience or as to tease the view through the use of this kind of installation.


The result of the installation 



A perception of life through the magnifying glass. looking deeply through the inner subjective emotion or experience. Looking back through the past and somewhere that experience it before. Displacement with new surrounding and creating new life being somewhere that not really use to.










No comments:

Post a Comment